Tuesday, February 4, 2014


To be completely honest I didn’t know what Kalamazoo loaves and fishes was until I looked at their website. They are a group of congregations that have come together in efforts to help feed those who cannot afford to eat. They do this with help from community donations and bigger food drives. As I looked through the website I couldn’t help but wonder how great it is that they help senior citizens as well as children and everyone in between. There was a program for everyone and I thought this was great because it isn’t just one group of people struggling to eat on a daily basis. I’m pretty excited to go in and see how everything works, I’m curious to see what kind of food is generally given away. I think there should be programs like this in every city, and that food should not be a luxury given to those who can afford it. Besides information on how and when to receive food, they also had educational links and facts as well as a section advocating other organizations and events. I thought their Hunger 101 game was very interesting and you should definitely check it out. Overall, I would say their website was very detailed and gave a lot of information
.

3 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this place either until now.. I agree with you in saying that there should be places like this in every county.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this is a wonderful program to help out those who are in need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree when you say food shouldn't be a luxury. Everybody deserves to eat and have food available thats why it is so great that there are places like these available to the public.

    ReplyDelete