Tuesday, April 8, 2014



The topic presented to us on Monday was not something I’m unfamiliar with; with climate change affecting us more and more on a daily basis I think it’s time things change. I’m in a nature and society class this semester and we spend a majority of our class discussing whether or not we can make a universal change in the way we are treating our planet. We have been using more and more of our natural resources as our society has modernized that we have almost forgotten the unavoidable truth; these resources will soon run out and our planet will no longer be able to provide what we need to live on it. It is our responsibility as inhabitants of this planet to take care of it and we are not doing that great of a job. I believe that is up to us to fix this mess and I seriously hoping that we are capable of making these changes. Climate change isn’t the only thing that’s being approached wrong; but it’s the most important. Without this planet we would cease to existence. It almost seems that we are coming to a point where our existence will be put into question; and this is terrifying. I know we are capable of doing what is needed to be done; it’s just a matter of when.
 
I’ve included I video I often watch when I feel my faith in humanity declining. It gives me hope that there are many others out there young and old who see the issue and are fighting for a change.

                                                                                                                 

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved that video. What she said seems so obvious and true, yet, I'm not sure much has changed since its filming in 1992 (?). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great clip! It really is so very important to get involved in changing the way we handle our resources because, you're right, they won't be around forever and then what?! It is scary to think about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about showing the clip in class?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This topic was also something new to me...I really liked the clip you included!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a nice video, she really put things quite bluntly. I definitely have faith in humanity, despite what I see people doing the majority of the time.

    ReplyDelete